Note-Ably North Texas is an all-female a cappella chorus based in Allen, Texas. We sing four-part harmony barbershop style. Our chapter has been together since 2001, and chartered as members of Sweet Adelines International Region 25 in 2002. Sweet Adelines International is a worldwide organization of female singers specializing in the art of barbershop music. Members meet weekly to practice, socialize, and increase their knowledge of the barbershop art form. We extend an invitation to all women who love to sing to visit our rehearsals.
Note-Ably North Texas Chorus is non-profit organization and a member of the Allen Arts Alliance. Our goal is spread the love of a cappella singing and promote joy in our community through lively performances. We sing songs from many genres of music.We enjoy performing at civic and social events throughout the year. At Christmas time and on Valentine’s Day we visit retirement centers to entertain the residents and their families. It is always a pleasure to see our audience tapping their feet and singing along with us. Some even dance! See our Schedule for upcoming events. Example performances:
The Note-ably North Texas Chorus performs at civic and social events throughout the year. At Christmas time and on Valentine’s Day, the chorus visits retirement centers to entertain the residents and their families. The following is a sample list of past performances:
- National Peace Officers Memorial Day, Plano, TX
- National Anthem at Allen American Hockey Games and Rough Riders Baseball Game
- Multiple Sclerosis Walk
- Watters Creek Art Festival, Allen, TX
- Sounds of Freedom Veterans Celebration, Fairview City Hall, Fairview, TX
- Annual Cocoa, Cookies, and Carols Show
- Plano Dickens of a Christmas, Plano TX
- Allen Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast with Santa, Allen, TX
- Dallas Heritage Village Candlelight Celebration
- Heard Museum Trail of Lights, Fairview, TX
Every rehearsal incorporates instruction on vocal production. In June of each year, the members attend the Summer Music Camp at Texas Women’s University in Denton, Texas for two days of intense instruction on various aspects of barbershop singing. Sweet Adelines throughout the region gather to learn the finer points of barbershop harmony, renew friendships, and make new friends.