CALL FOR ARTISTS: 20 UNDER 20
This is a juried art exhibit showcasing 20 emerging artists under the age of 20. The selected artwork will be on display at Blue House Too, Allen Arts Alliance’s art gallery in Watters Creek.
Dates and Deadlines
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018, Friday (midnight)
Opening Reception: Friday, January 11, 2018
Gallery Exhibit Dates: Saturday, January 12, 2017 – Sunday, February 10, 2019
“20 under 20” is seeking original artwork from artists under the age of 20, i.e. 19 or younger as of February 10, 2019. All media will be considered.
All art should be ready for installation at the time of the exhibit. Artists whose work requires the use of electronic equipment must provide their own equipment. Oversize work, assemblages, and installations are welcome at the discretion of the jury and Blue House Too, but must be delivered, installed, and removed by the artist or his/her designee. Individual pieces may not be larger than 6 ft x 6 ft x 6 ft.
There is no entry fee. Artists may submit up to 3 works of art. The application must include one image per artwork; for sculpture and installations, artists may use two additional images for details.
A jury will review all the entries, and select the artists and artwork for display. Blue House Too will review the jury’s selections for appropriateness for display in a family-friendly venue. All judging will be completed online.
The jury’s results will be emailed by Friday, December 21, 2018. Accepted artists will be sent a Hold Harmless Agreement, and they must sign and return the document to Blue House Too prior to the delivery of the accepted artwork.
How to Apply
Send the following information to bluehousetoo@allenartsalliance.
- Contact information: name, address, email, and phone number
- Date of birth
- Brief artist statement (max 250 words)
- List of submitted artwork: title, dimensions, and media
- Artwork images in JPEG or PowerPoint form. JPEG file names must include artist name and title of artwork, e.g. VincentVanGogh_StarryNight.
jpg. PowerPoint filenames must include artist name, and the titles for each piece of art must be included on the slides.
Requirements for Accepted Work:
- Work must be wired and ready for hanging.
- Sculptors can use their own pedestals, or those provided by Blue House Too.
- Items may be priced for sale. If so, the artist must provide a label with contact information for the buyers. All sales will be a private transaction between artist and buyer, and the artwork must remain on display for the duration of the exhibit.
Delivery of Accepted Work
Artwork must be hand delivered, by artist or designee, during any of the following times:
- Friday, January 4, 2019: 5 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday, January 5, 2019: 1 pm to 9 pm
- Sunday, January 6, 2019: 1 pm to 6 pm
Pick Up of Accepted Work
Artwork must be picked up, by artist or designee, during any of the following times:
- Sunday, January 29, 2017: 1 pm to 6 pm
- Monday, January 30, 2017: 1 pm to 5 pm
Media/Use of Images
Blue House Too and the Allen Arts Alliance reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artwork for promotion and publicity.
Blue House Too and the Allen Arts Alliance will do its utmost to protect the work in its possession, but the organization is not responsible for damage or loss.
Entering your work in this exhibition constitutes acceptance of all requirements above.
Please don’t hesitate to direct any questions to bluehousetoo@allenartsalliance.