SECOND SATURDAY MAKERS MARKET APPLICATION
Attention Thoughtful Makers, Artisans and Artists Alike!!!
The Second Saturday Maker’s Market is a weekend long shopping experience featuring our local artists and artisans. It is part of a larger vision to support local artists who help to inspire a culture of creativity and positivity in Allen and neighboring cities and communities.
All local artisans and artist working in any media are welcome to apply to be part of this fun new Creative Makers Market! Because of limited space, applications will be juried. Upon acceptance of your application, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions. The vendor fee is 100.00 for the entire weekend. We are looking forward to creating an opportunity to connect local artists with collectors alike!
The Second Saturday Allen Art Market will take place on the 2nd weekend of every month, starting June 8th-10th 2018.
The hours will be the same as for Blue House Too, i.e. Fridays 5-9 pm, Saturdays 1-9 pm and Sundays 1-6 pm.
- All types of media are welcome: mixed media, glass, jewelry, pottery, furniture, artisan fabrics, wearable art, artisan baked goods and food products, etc.
- All merchandise must be original, handcrafted work created by the displaying artist
- All artists must be at least 18 years old
- Artists may not include any works by other artists
- The artists must sign a contract, including a Hold Harmless form
- The artists will handle their own sales and pay their own sales tax
- Artists must be present the entire time
- The artists are required to have all the applicable permits and certificates, i.e. Texas sales and use tax permit, Food Handler/Manager Certification etc.
- The display should have an artisanal look
- The Sales Tax Certificate must be prominently displayed
- The artists must bring tables and displays for their merchandise, and extension cords if electricity is needed
- All tables must have tailored/fitted tablecloths, which must be skirted to the ground
- The artists are responsible for their own set-up and clean-up
- Artist must keep their area clean and orderly
- Boxes and packing materials should be moved out of the Blue House Too or hidden
- The displays must be set up, and the artists ready to sell, when Blue House Too opens
- Only merchandise consistent with the images accepted by the jury can be displayed and sold
- All displayed items must be for sale
- Open flames are not allowed
- Food items must be in accordance with Cottage Food Production Operations
- Artists must state that all sales are final
Fields marked with a * are mandatory, and must be completed in order to be able to submit the application.