The Allen Arts Alliance awards scholarships for arts and cultural programs/projects (i.e. band camp, dance workshops, archeological digs, etc.) to qualifying individuals on a quarterly basis. The deadlines for grant applications are January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. Scholarships will be awarded based on merit as well as financial need. Due to limited funding, individual scholarship amounts will not exceed $500 and those who have previously received a scholarship are no longer eligible.
Applications should include the following:
- A letter from the applicant describing applicant’s history and goals.
- A letter from applicant (or applicant’s guardian if applicant is a minor) detailing the circumstances of their financial need.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or other mentor.
- A description of the project for which the funds will be used, as well as the amount of scholarship you are requesting.
- A description of what the applicant hopes to gain by involvement with the project for which funds are being requested and how this will benefit the Allen community.
- A sample of applicant’s artistic body of work(photos of visual art, video of dance, recording of music, etc.)
- Courses for academic credit.
- Programs of a political nature.
- Programs of a religious nature.